Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Comfort

There's not a lot better in the world than a hot meal of roast, potatoes, and carrots outta the crock pot.  There is just something about the perfectly cooked combo that says comfort!!  I took the easy way out this Sunday and threw a smallish roast from my local meat market along with a sliced onion, peeled potatoes, and baby carrots in my crock-pot.  Easy and delicious!!
 
I first put my roast in and sliced onions on top of it.  I tried something new this time and added a water/beef base mixture to basically cover it.  I wanted to make sure it stayed moist and tender!
 
Next I peeled and added potatoes on top.  I usually add quite a few because this is the whole meal all in one pot.  We like to eat it as leftovers for lunch the next day as well, and who wants only half of the meal tomorrow??  I don't dice them, I just cut them in half or if they are fairly small, I leave them whole :)
 
The final thing I added was carrots.  WOW how many carrots does one family need in the crock-pot at the same time?!?!  All of a small bag, thats how many.  See the problem is, we tend to fight over these AMAZING carrots.  They are perfectly cooked and seasoned with the broth!!  Plus, who's mom would be mad that they are fighting over CARROTS???  Mine might think it's odd thats for sure! :)
 
 
I pull the roast out of the crock pot and shred it some.  Then its every man for themselves in taking what you want from the potatoes, carrots, and broth.  I like to sort of mash up my potatoes and put a little butter on them followed by broth.  OUTSTANDING!!  Its so easy and simple, and pretty cost effective too!  This would easily feed 4 adults one meal or 2 adults two meals :)  It all depends on the size of your roast!!
(YES, my roast has ketchup on it.  Don't judge!! )
 
Hope you had a restful weekend!  Can't believe we're almost to the middle of February already!  Summer will be here before we know it!! :)


1 comment:

  1. That is kinda odd, fighting over the carrots but....... glad you do.

    ReplyDelete