Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday Sunday Sunday!!

So we just had a few snack like things for dinner and enjoyed the evening with my Father-in-Law. . .I'll be honest, I'm always watching the Super Bowl for the snacks and the commercials.  UNLESS, my Indianapolis Colts are in.  Then, it's another story!!! :)  Now, on to what sort of goodies I made today!  First I made pickle roll-ups.  If you have no idea what these are, you are missing out.  At most family functions these baby's are fought over.  My aunt is usually in charge of bringing them, and she can hardly get in the door before she is being swarmed!  They are SOOOOOO easy, its ridiculous.  All you need is some Buddig Beef, Turkey, Chicken, etc; dill pickle spears, and cream cheese.  See, already easy!  All you do is lay out your slice of meat, spread room temp cream cheese on it, and roll it around a pickle.  DONE.
 
The next thing I "made" was a fancy meat and cheese tray. . .Don't Judge!!  I'm cheap and easy! ;-) And yes, we were having some fancy beverages!  My hubby's choice was Jack & Coke and I was having a Margarita!  It was 5 o'clock somewhere!!
 For our main staple of this shin-dig, I made my mom's famous Frontier Sandwich.  It's so easy and so delicious.  Here is what you need:
  • 1 Loaf Italian Bread
  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 chopped green pepper
  • 1 jar or can mushroom slices
  • 12 American cheese slices
You first need to get your hamburger, onion, and green pepper cooking together; once the beef is nice and brown, drain and put back into the pan.
 After you have done that, place your mushrooms and BBQ sauce in.  The recipe calls for 3/4 cup sauce, but I just eye ball it to make it nice and covered.
While you allow the BBQ mixture to heat back up, cut your loaf of Italian Bread long ways, clean out the middle, and lay 6 slices of American cheese on the bottom.
After the mixture is hot, spoon into bread and layer the remaining 6 slices of cheese on top.  Make sure you are using American cheese. . .it has the perfect melting properties for this sandwich!!
Once you have it all in the bottom, place your bread lid back on and wrap it up in foil.  It needs to bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Thats it!  I also baked some buffalo chicken boneless bites; we can't have a superbowl party without "wings" of some sort!!
Here is the final product!  It is really yummy and easy to make.  It also can feed 4 or 5 easily for a simple dinner.  We don't have it very often because it does make a whole big sandwich!!  And yes, I did have ONE healthy option along with this not so good for you dinner!  My mama taught me right :)
 
Hope you stay warm and have a blessed week!!
Happy Sunday!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment