Saturday, January 12, 2013

Date Night In!

So last night I was just too tired from my week and the touch of the flu I had to even post about the AWESOME (ha!) dinner we had!  All we did was have fish sticks and zesty fries. . .sometimes it does really come to that!  Tonight however, I have stepped it up a notch!  Every 2 weeks I comprise a "menu" and grocery list of what I would like to make for dinner.  I try my hardest to come up with new and creative things but yet things I can make even on nights I'm tired!  Today was grocery day so last night was slim pickin's!  During that course of 2 weeks, I often try to plan in a "date" night that gets me off the hook from cooking and the hubs off the hook from doing dishes!!  That was planned to be tonight. . .however after a BEAUTIFUL Indiana day, we were too tired to even do that!   Believe it or not, it was pushing 60 degrees today!!!  So we got outside and I went with the hubs to the Skeet Shooting Range and had a GREAT time!!  If it were 25 degrees though today, I'm not so sure I would have had the same opinion!!   On our way home, we decided to stop at the meat market and find something to make at home.  While perusing the meat case, I saw some delicious looking stuffed chicken breasts.  I knew that this is what we needed to round out a fantastic day together!!  I decided upon the Chicken Parmesan because it has a bruschetta filling with lots of cheese too!  It only takes about an hour to bake and one is more than enough for the 2 of us!  Here is a picture of it before I baked it!
 
Our meat market always has tons of different options to pick from ranging from this Parmesan one to Greek to Broccoli & Cheese, and to Chicken Cordon Bleu.  They all look AWESOME!!  After it has baked for about an hour, here is what it looks like!!
 
I made some wild rice and we called this dinner done!  Also this shows just how perfect one is to split between the 2 of us!!  GREAT NIGHT!  It's amazing how the most simple of things can sometimes be the things we enjoy the most!
 
I hope you have had a blessed week and continue to enjoy whatever it is in life you choose to pursue!! 
 
Happy Eating!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment