Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sausage Pancakes?? Yum!!!

So this morning I tried something new for breakfast.  I saw it on Pinterest as an image but could not find a "recipe" anywhere. . .so I decided to wing it!  It turned out awesome!  I made pancake bites with cooked crumbled sausage in the middle!   You should really try them, the possibilities are endless!!
 
What you need:
-mini muffin tin
-cooking spray
-favorite pancake batter
-crumbled cooked sausage
 
First spray your mini muffin tin with cooking spray, trust me, they come out a LOT easier!  Then put some sausage into each little cup.  Just make how many ever you feel!
 
After you have done that, mix up your batter and spoon or pour over the top of the sausage.  I made the recipe on my batter box for 4-6 pancakes and it was plenty for us! 
 
I also wiggled them each around a bit with a toothpick to make sure the batter was nestled nicely around the sausage.  I then put them into a 350 degree oven for 20-22 minutes.  They will be nice and golden brown on the outsides and slightly browned on the tops.
 
Like I said, they pop out of the pan really easily!  We put a little butter on the tops and of course syrup!  They were really fantastic and simple!!  I think they would be delicious with just about anything in the middle; fresh fruits, bacon, ham, etc.
 
And here is what they look like in the middle :)
 
Happy Sunday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment