Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome to my Blog :)

I want to welcome you as I start on the journey of blogging my adventures in cooking!  I hope to update a new entry several times a week, if not more!  I plan to include the good, bad, and ugly!  I hope by having this blog it will make me braver and really branch out from my comfort zone.  I generally like to make sure we have enough left over in order to have lunches the following day, but it does not always work out like that!  I sometimes am just lazy too and settle for something easy like Mac and Cheese from a box!!  Shhh, I won't tell if you won't!  We're on a budget like many of you and I just want to show what someone can do without buying wild ingredients or expensive cuts of meat for every meal.  My goal is to spend $100 every 2 weeks at the grocery for my husband and I.  It's often hard to stay within that budget, but for the most part I do and I'M PROUD OF IT!!!  I also usually shop at Walmart and buy a mix of both name brand and Great Value products because that is the best way to get the value for my money!  One thing my Mama has taught me well is to NOT skimp when you can buy just a little bit better both in everyday products and meats.  For this reason I ALWAYS buy my meat at our local meat market because a) they are a small business and b) the quality is much better!!  We eat well and enjoy living life!  I am hoping this will encourage us to eat at home even more than we already do!  I hope you will stop back often and give me your feedback to help me improve on this new journey!  Thanks and Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. This is soooooo cool. Even better when it's your kid!!! Very nice. Much luck Babycakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we make suggestions and you make them? Just wondering, got lots of ideas. Then after you make them, you can share them with your parents. Thats a great idea.

    ReplyDelete