Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Some of my favorite sites

Normally in the middle of the day on a Wednesday I am at work. . . not so much the case today!  I seem to have come down with some sort of bug so came home in the middle of the day yesterday and stayed home today too!  With that being said, I'm in no mood to really cook anything fancy so I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite go-to websites for finding new recipes and keeping my cooking knowledge sharp!  You can click on the links below and check them out for yourself!

I LOVE Food Network because I can find anything from simple recipe to unusual things!  I also like that I can often find recipes from things I've seen on TV episodes. . .they always make it look so delish and I want to make it!
 
So if you have not discovered Pinterest yet, you are missing out.  There is every thing you could even possibly be interested in in one place!  I most often peruse the recipes and stuff but sometimes I find myself looking at the Humor section because there is some pretty silly stuff there too!  Feel free to follow me on Pinterest too!!
Follow me on Pinterest!!!
 
This site is pretty great because its basic and user friendly.  You can find all sorts of recipes from apps, to sides, to the main course, and dessert.  Anything in between too!  One awesome feature that this site has is you can adjust the amount of servings you are looking to make in order to get the right amount of ingredients without a lot of extra work!! 
 
This website is something I often find myself connecting to through Pinterest.  They have awesome family meal ideas and most of the time its things that everyday people, like me!, would actually make!
 
This is only a small scratch into the surface of some of the resources I use!!  Here are some other resources at my disposal. . .

I have a cabinet FULL to the brim of cook books!

I have also put together binders with plastic sheet protectors to keep them clean!!  The things I have in these I have most often gathered from my mom's collection plus things I may print from online.  There are no recipes in the world I cherish more than those from my Mama!  She is an awesome cook and I am thrilled to make the things she made for us when I was little! (I still sometimes invite myself over for dinner because there is just somethin' about a mama's cooking!!!)
 
 I also subscribe to several food magazines. . .It is sort of like an addiction!!  You can subscribe to them too really easily!  Just search their names with 'magazine' after in Google and you'll be all set!

I hope this info will give you some more ideas and avenues to start pursuing your inner cooking queen or king!  I know I enjoy it and love to make people in my life happy by filling their stomachs! They don't always enjoy getting fattened up! :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You are a cookbook queen! Maybe you need to get with your Mother and organize her cookbooks and recipes like yours. Is that the reason yours are so in order, her's arent??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taste of Home is a great magazine to own too...just wait on a bargain deal to pick it up because it is quite costly

    ReplyDelete