Sunday, January 6, 2013

Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak

So if you have not figured out by now that I'm addicted to Pinterest, here's your notice!!  I think it's amazing how many awesome and creative things can be found all in one place.  I generally look for recipes when I'm on their site and that is where I found the recipe for this awesome Salisbury Steak! You can find the original recipe here :)  Now I have never been much of a salisbury steak kind of girl but I decided it's time to grow up and try it again.  SUCCESS!!  You have to try it!  It's really fantastic!!  It was so moist and flavorful!!!

Here's what you need:
  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
 
 
 
 
 
After you have done that, heat the oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat.  Once it is hot, you will want put a few patties in the pan at a time and brown lightly on both sides.  Once they are brown, place them into your slow-cooker.
 
Once they are all browned and layered in the cooker, you need to whisk together the cans of cream of chicken soup, the au jus mix, and 3/4 cup water.  Then pour that over the top of all your patties in the slow-cooker.

Once you get everything in your slow-cooker, put the lid on and LEAVE IT ALONE!!! for 4 or 5 hours.  With this recipe, the longer the better is the motto!  I cooked up some noodles to eat along side with the gravy on them and opened a can of green beans (crazy girl, I know!!) :)  Hope you enjoy as much as we did!!!  This will be going on our list of repeats for sure!


 

3 comments:

  1. That looks delish! What's on for tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I tried it today, I thought it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy may have to try this one out

    ReplyDelete