Thursday, January 10, 2013

Noodles with a little beef. . .

Tonight I made homemade Beef and Noodles.  YUM.  No other word for it.  So easy and so delish.  I usually make beef and noodles with leftover beef from a roast I made in the crock-pot.  After we have the roast for dinner, I throw the remaining shredded beef into a freezer bag and toss it in the freezer until it behooves me to get it out to make this awesome dinner!
 
First on my to do list is to have a glass of wine. . .
 
Now that that's settled, here is my starting line up. . .
 
What you will need:
-1 whole bag of egg noodles
-Shredded beef roast
-Beef broth
-Cream of Mushroom Soup
-Mashed Potato stuff(potatoes, butter, milk)
-Veggie
 
Now I'm ready!  You need to heat up your beef with some beef broth.  I usually get it just about boiling and call it done.  I will mix this in with the noodles :)  I generally have about a 3 to 3 1/2 pound roast to start with and take the leftovers from that.  Just adjust according to your preferences!  The same goes for how much broth you want to use!  While this is working, get your noodles cooked up according to the package directions.
 
  Once your noodles are cooked, you need to put them back into the hot pot you just took them out of  . . .helps melt all the deliciousness back together!!
 
Then I add in a can of cream of mushroom soup first.  This starts it melting and gets the noodles all nice and creamy. 
 
After you have your soup all mixed in, add your beef and broth.  If it seems to soupy, you can always add another can of mushroom soup. (I had to this time!!)  And then mix it all up really well!!
 
THAT'S IT!!!  I like to serve it with mashed potatoes and a veggie.  Kyle likes to eat his on top of the potatoes whereas I like mine next to them :)  To each his own!
 
 
Hope you find this useful and can enjoy this meal with those you love :)  I'm not sure if I'll have a post tomorrow or not, maybe I can get a date night outta the hubs!  :)
 
 
 

1 comment: