Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Flat Nachos

Ok so you are probably wondering what a "flat" nacho is.  It is a simply delicious version of what we already love.  I basically make individual nachos. . .so easy!  My mom has been making these for years and since it is my lovely hubby's ACTUAL birthday today, I let him pick what he wanted to eat :)  I promise, they are delicious!

Here is my starting line up:
-Round tortilla chips
-browned, crumbled sausage
-refried beans
-BLOCK cheese of your choice
-jalapenos if desired
-sour cream

The first thing I do is open my bag of chips and find the "flattest" ones I can.  The flatter you can find, the better.  It makes it much easier to add the toppings :)  Put them all out on your cookie sheet.  You can make as many or as few as you'd like!

After you have your chips out like above, you will need to open your refried beans and spread some on each chip.  This is an amount of whatever you desire.  It is going to work like your glue so make sure you don't use too little!

Once you have beans on each chip, you need to put sausage on each one.  I usually pick up the chip and hold it over my bowl and sort of spoon the meat on.  I also kind of smush it down just a bit to make sure it sticks!  Once again, you can use as much or as little as you desire!  This is where you can also add jalapenos right on top of the sausage if you'd like.

This next step is what makes these nachos the BEST.  You need to make sure you use BLOCK cheddar or colby cheese.  You will want to cut squares or strips off the block to lay on top of each chip.  It is like a balancing act! :)
 
After you have the nachos made, you need to put them in a 350 degree oven until the cheese is all nice and melty.  They should look something like this. . .

I usually let them sit for a few minutes so the cheese cools a bit before we dig in.  I just dollop a little sour cream on each one and that's it! 

  Enjoy and try to stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment